Chef's Signature Roast Beef Sandwich
You’ll be surprised what a little garlic, salt, black pepper and olive oil can do to roast beef. This quick and easy method adds a delectable spice that marinates overnight. Don’t forget to slice the beef as thin as possible to make roast beef sandwiches for your child’s lunch.
• 3 pounds Creekstone Farms Eye Round
• 3 tablespoons coarse ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoons onion powder
• 3 teaspoons granulated garlic
• 1 teaspoons ground cumin
• 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• Kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients except for the beef in a small bowl and mix well with a spoon.
- Rub the seasoning paste all over the eye round and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300° F, take beef out of fridge and let sit at room temp for 20 minutes.
- Place beef on an oven rack inside a sheet tray and roast until internal temperature is 140° F, about 60 to 75 minutes.
- Let beef rest until it is no longer hot.
- Wrap the whole eye round in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove plastic wrap, slice as thinly as possible and use to make sandwiches.