The World Food Championships took place at the Fremont Street Experience in Las Vegas on November 7-10, 2013. Creekstone Farms was a proud sponsor of this event that featured 20 celebrated chefs showcasing their culinary skills to win a cash prize and new Southern Pride commercial smoker.
Being a four day event this culinary skills expo includes a mystery basket competition using a Creekstone Farms® Eight local Las Vegas chefs were chosen to participate , while another eight chefs were chosen by the WFC from partner hotels and casinos to represent the Fremont Street Experience in Downtown Las Vegas. The remaining four chefs consist of a special invitation group that includes the 2012 World Chef Champion and runner up.
- Daniel Boling – Executive Chef at Torrey Pines in San Diego and 2012 World Chef Champion runner up
- Travis Brust – Executive Chef at the Williamsburg Inn and 2012 World Chef Champion
- Joe Parrino – Executive Chef at Andiamo Steakhouse at The D Hotel and Casino Las Vegas
- Mark Sherline – Director of Culinary Operations at the Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino
- Michael Chen – Chef de Cuisine at Yellowtail Japanese Restaurant and Lounge
- Dustin Dechter – Executive Chef at Element by Westin Las Vegas
- Michael Edwards – Enlisted Aide to VADM David Buss, Commander of Naval Air Forces
- Adam Kaswiner – Private Chef and owner of ChefKas, a boutique chef services company
- Paul Maloney – 16 years of honorable service in the US Navy and Personal Chef
- David Middleton - Executive Chef at Marche Bacchus
- Daniel Ontiveros – Chef at Comme Ca Restaurant Las Vegas
- Beni Velasquez – Executive Chef at Bar + Bistro
The public watched on as the 20 chefs went through three rounds of competitions that challenged skills, recipe development and overall culinary craftsmanship. One winner from each day of competitions went on to compete on Championship Sunday, Nov. 10, for the $5000 first place prize, Southern Pride commercial smoker and the title of World Chef Champion! After the dust settled, Chef Michael Chen was named the 2013 World Chef Challenge Champion!
Trybe Targeting has entered into an agreement with leading television producer CORE Media Group to produce a reality show surrounding the second annual World Food Championships this fall in Las Vegas. The show will be produced with CORE Media Group’s SHARP Entertainment, which is based in Manhattan. SHARP, which was founded by veteran television producer Matt Sharp, has quickly flourished into one of the largest television production enterprises with such hits as Travel Channel’s “Man v. Food,” TLC’s “Extreme Couponing,” and NatGeo’s “Doomsday Preppers.” Updates and timelines for the show will be announced as they develop at www.worldfoodchampionships.com, Facebook.com/WorldFoodChampionships or Twitter (@WorldFoodChamp).
To learn more about CORE Media Group, visit http://www.COREmediagroup.com. - See more at: http://worldfoodchampionships.com/news/193/trybe-targeting-and-core-media-partner-to-produce-world-food-championships-tv-show#sthash.oY4scUbv.dpuf