Orange juice, adobo peppers and cumin combine to make a sweet smoky flavor that pairs great with steak. Best cooked medium rare to medium and perfect served with mashed sweet potatoes.
Yield: Serves 4
- Four 8 ounce Creekstone Farms sirloin steaks
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 Tb olive oil
- 2 Tb chipotle chili sauce
- 2 Tb red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tb sugar
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a large ziplock bag. Add steaks and marinate for 2-24 hours (the longer the better).
- Remove steaks from bag, drain (reserve marinade), and grill or broil to desired doneness.
- Season steaks with additional salt, if desired. Bring marinade to a boil in a small pan, and reduce slightly. Slice steak thinly and pour reduced marinade over.
- Serve with tortillas, rice, or as a part of a traditional steak dinner.