Great served with horseradish mashed potatoes and crispy onion rings or over pasta with peas and truffle oil.
- 6-10 (12 oz pieces) of short loin meat
- Flour for dusting
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 32 ozs light beef stock
- 12 ozs red wine
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat Dutch oven or roasting pan over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and begin to sweat
- Lightly salt and pepper meat and dust with flour
- Remove onions and garlic. Add oil to bottom oven pan and sear meat on both sides until browned.
- Cover with stock and wine and add cooked onion mixture. Place in 325 degree oven for 3-4 hours until meat is tender
Recipe is courtesy of Bobby Lane, owner and Chef of Chester's Chophouse & Wine Bar in Wichita, KS