Beef and Broccoli with Noodles
This recipe takes ramen noodles to a whole new level. Adding broccoli and carrots make it a colorful and healthy one dish meal.
Yield: Serves 8.
- 1 ¼ pounds Creekstone Farms Black Angus boneless top round steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) beef flavored instant ramen noodles, broken up
- 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 8 ounces broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel (optional)
Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8 inch thick strips. Combine seasoning from ramen noodles with cornstarch mixture in large bowl. Add beef; toss.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Stir-fry broccoli and carrots 1 minute. Add noodles and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and most of liquid is absorbed; stirring occasionally. Remove; keep warm.
In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat until hot. Add half of the beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is not longer pink. (Do not overcook). Remove from skillet; keep warm. Repeat with remaining beef. Serve over noodles. Sprinkle with orange peel, if desired.