This delicious beef dry rub is a great addition to your favorite cuts of beef. Rubs are mixtures of herbs, spices and seasonings liberally applied to the outside of the meat.
- 1 cup kosher salt
- ¾ cup black Pepper
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ cup chopped Fresh Rosemary
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well with a dry spoon.
- Apply liberally to any steak (ribeye works best) and grill.
- The beef will caramelize a little faster because of the sugar, so be careful.
When using a rub, it is good to keep these helpful hints in mind:
- Let the rub have some time to do its magic. The resting time for a rub before cooking can vary from 15 minutes to overnight, depending upon how strong the ingredients in the rub are and the density of the meat you are applying it to.
- Lightly scoring the meat will help the rub flavors penetrate further. This works especially well with larger pieces of meat.
- Always practice food safety and keep the rubbed meat in the fridge.
- Dry rubs will keep in tightly closed containers for up to 6 months.