This recipe is so fresh and fun, it will be like nothing your family has tried before, Combine crisp ingredients like cucumbers, carrots, and fresh mint with delicious Creekstone Black Angus Lean Ground Beef and you’ve got a light, satisfying meal with exotic elegance.
Yield: 4 servings.
- 1-1/2 pounds Creekstone Farms Black Angus 93% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup Asian peanut sauce
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup torn fresh mint leaves salt and pepper
- 12 large Boston lettuce leaves (about 2 heads) or iceberg or romaine lettuce
- fresh mint leaves
- Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking up into small crumbles. Pour off drippings. Stir in hoisin sauce and peanut sauce; heat through.
- Just before serving, add cucumber, carrots and torn mint; toss gently. Season with salt and pepper. Serve beef mixture in lettuce leaves. Garnish with mint.
Recipe and photo courtesy of National Cattlemen’s Beef Association on behalf of The Beef Checkoff