Yield: Serves 6.
Booze-Burger Pattie Ingredients:
- 2 lbs. Creekstone Farms Premium Beef ground beef
- ¾ cup Stout Beer
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
Peppy Filling Ingredients:
- 6 pickled Peppadews, chopped
- 10 jalapeno slices (canned), chopped
- 1 ½ cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Chipotle Peppadew Sauce Ingredients:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 10 pickled peppadews and juices, chopped fine
- 1 ¼ teaspoon granulated Chipotle Chili Pepper
- ¼ slight teaspoon salt
- 1 medium to large sweet onion
- 10 strips bacon, cut into 1 inch squares
- Remaining Stout beer
- 6 crusty rolls
- Mix all pattie ingredients in large bowl and form into 12 equal patties.
- Spread filling ingredients evenly on 6 of the beef patties. Top with remaining 6 patties, forming pockets of “filling” between 2 patties. Be sure to seal edges to prevent filling from escaping during grilling.
- Sear burger on each side, reduce heat and cook to 160 degrees. Meanwhile, prepare sauce and toppers.
- Fry bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and drain the pan leaving a slight amount of fat. Sauté onions until caramelized in the bacon pan. Pour remaining (approximately ¼ cup) of remaining stout beef in the pan and cook until reduced by half.
- Stir in the bacon.
- Toast rolls on grill. Serve the grilled burgers with the onion-bacon topping and a generous dollop of chipotle-peppadew sauce on warm toasted rolls and enjoy!
This recipe is from David Briggs. David was a finalist in the New York “Create the Perfect Burger” contest. David’s inspiration for this recipe is “My love for burgers!” .