Great for those days when things are going to get hectic. Put this in the slow cooker in the morning and it will be waiting for you when you come home.
Yield: Serves 10-12.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 lb. Creekstone Farms Black Angus beef roast
- 14 ¾ ounce can beef broth
- 1 – 0.7 ounce envelope dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 10-12 crusty sandwich rolls
- 3 Tbsp. prepared mustard (optional)
- 2 tsp. prepared horseradish (optional)
- Heat oil at medium heat in skillet until hot. Place beef roast in pan and brown all sides. Remove and place beef in slow cooker.
- Combine broth and dressing mix in a bowl and pour mixture over beef.
- Cover and cook on high 1 hour and then on low for 10 hours.
- Remove beef from broth and shred with 2 forks.
- Return shredded beef to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 12 more hours.
- Serve in crusty rolls along with mustard and mayonnaise mixed with horseradish, if desired.