Spicy Smokey Chili
This chili recipe has a little bit of a kick and tons of flavor. It's a little thicker than your traditional soups and chili recipes so it's great as a filling in a burritos, on top of nachos or just as a full meal to warm you up on those cool days.
- 1 pound Creekstone Farms Premium Ground Beef
- 2 T. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Large Yellow Onion – Diced Small
- 2 Red Bell Peppers – Diced Small
- 2 Cloves Of Garlic – Chopped
- 1 Can Tomato Puree
- 3 Chipotle Peppers From A Can – Chopped
- 2-4 Tablespoons. Chili Powder
- 2 T. Ground Cumin
- 1 T. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 t. Hot Sauce
- In a large saucepot heat the oil of medium-high heat. Add the beef stirring, and cook until well browned. Drain off any excess fat from the pot.
- Add the onion, peppers, and garlic and cook 4-5 minutes until softened. Add tomato puree and lower heat to medium just until the mixture starts to simmer.
- Turn down the pot to low heat and add the chipotle, cumin, chili powder, black pepper, and hot sauce. Cooking stirring occasionally and add salt to taste. If the chili is too thick add some hot water to thin it out a bit. Let simmer for about 1 hour and then turn off heat.
- Check for seasoning and serve warm.