Yield: Serves 20-25.
- Light-bodied bourbon (Maker's Mark, Wild Turkey, Old Forester)
- 6 sprigs mint, plus more for garnish
- 4 peaches
- 1/2 liter lemon juice
- Simple Syrup
- Fill a liter bottle of a light-bodied bodied bourbon (Maker's Mark, Wild Turkey, Old Forester) with 6 sprigs of mint. Reseal and freeze over night.
- Cut 4 peaches into thin wedges. Cook into 1/2 liter of simple syrup for ten minutes. Let sit.
- Combine simple syrup and bourbon in a punch bowl and add 1/2 liter lemon juice. Keep cool with block of ice.
- To serve, ladle into chilled tumblers (metal is best) filled with crushed ice. Garnish heavily with mint sprigs.
- 2 parts sugar
- 1 part water
Bring the water to a boil. Dissolve the sugar into the boiling water. Once the sugar is dissolved completely, remove the pan from the heat. Allow to cool completely.