Accounts Payable Clerk
- Responsible for preparing and processing invoices for payment.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Process PO matching to invoice line items.
- Processes check requests.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurate, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Accounting or Business preferred.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information while meeting stringent deadlines.
- Professional attitude and reliable.
- Must be well organized and a self-starter.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word and Excel)
Quality Assurance Technician
You must be willing to work a variable schedule. This job is to monitor products and processes to assure that the Creekstone Farms established standards are met. All activities have to be documented correctly and communicated effectively. This person will ultimately assure that products that are produced meet the Quality and Food Safety Standards for each type of product. This includes pre-op activities. This person will work with USDA, FSIS and will require the maintenance of a positive working relationship with USDA, and all departments within the plant. This person will work directly for the Department Q.A. Supervisor. BS in Animal Science and Meat Judging is a plus. Creekstone Farms Premium Beef LLC is located in Arkansas City, Kansas and has been operating since 2003. Creekstone offers the finest Black Angus beef. We also are currently seeking internships.
- Daily Duties will include: Monitoring, Documenting and Communication of the Plant Quality/HACCP/SSOP/SOG/GMP programs to assure that they are properly implemented. These duties will deal with Plant Personnel, USDA and the Sanitation Contractor to assure proper implementation of plant programs. This work will require the person to work in cold environments (<45degrees) and warm environments (>85degrees)
- Maintaining constructive relationships with different levels of personnel in different departments in the plant. This will include effectively communicating audit findings and dealing with conflict resolution.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance Technologies and/or Knowledge of the Meat Industry. Ability to communicate and maintain a positive relationship with USDA FSIS, USDA AMS, Customers and other team-members is essential. Good time management skills are necessary.
- This person must have 1-3 years of experience in the meat industry (interchangeable with applicable college education up to 2 years). Must have an excellent employment, including attendance, and safety record.
- Physical requirements include working in a both hot and cold environments, some exposure to the elements, lifting up to 100 pounds, crawling, reaching, kneeling, climbing, standing, walking, listening, talking and repetitive motions frequently.
Maintenance Mechanic (Full time - Hourly Opportunity)
To set up, adjust, and maintain assigned equipment with responsibility for production and quality on this equipment. This is an hourly position.
- Analyzes mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment and plans for and takes corrective action. Makes necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
- Reviews production schedule and when equipment is not scheduled for manufacturing, changes over equipment to new sizes or performs scheduled maintenance.
- Tests equipment to check operation. Clears jams and sets aside product for inspection and rework. Tries out equipment after repairs, changeovers or extended downtime.
- Examines, tests, and measures product from assigned equipment for quality specifications, using gauges and instruments, and records data on appropriate forms. Checks product for visual defects.
- Makes preventive maintenance check and inspection of assigned equipment, reports findings to supervisor and takes appropriate action.
- Analyzes and records cause of production delays on daily production report.
- Notifies maintenance department or supervisor of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken, and of quality problems or supplies needed.
- Instructs and directs any maintenance trainees assigned.
- Any additional job duties as assigned.
- Physical requirements include working in a both hot and cold environments, some exposure to the elements, lifting up to 100 pounds, climbing, standing, walking, listening, talking and repetitive motions frequently.